Wednesday, July 1, 2009

9 Months!

9 months ago...Oct 1, 2008
Caroline with 5 minutes of being born
Our 9 month old, in her bed a while ago, drinking her bottle

When I first found out I was pregnant, I wondered how I would ever make it through the 9 months of being pregnant and waiting to see what our little baby would look like. I think it was the longest 9 months of my life. And when you think about it, she went through phenomenal changes during those times, with her growth going from a tiny cell to a real live 7 lb 10 oz baby. You just can't see that growth, except for by the size of your growing belly, and it is hard to imagine that inside of you is an actual baby. But as for the nine months after her birth, the changes are again phenomenal, but this time, with her mom and dad as onlookers, watching in amazement as she started sleeping through the night, raising her head up off of the ground, smiling, cooing, holding things, picking things up, interacting, sitting up, eating baby food, scooting, crawling, pulling up, and holding her bottle on her own. That is probably her newest accomplishment--she is doing very well with it and I started her with a sippy cup last night--just letting her hold it and get used to it. I just have to thank God for the last nine months and for the blessing he bestowed on Ben and I when he brought her to us. How anyone could not see that there is a God is beyond me. As a mother and father, we simply pray for guidance in raising her and that she will have a happy life full of God's abundant grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment